Staff Writer ReporterAsia-Pacific, Editorial
The AVCJ Group has been the leading source of information on private equity and venture capital activity in Asia since its establishment in 1987. The group’s suite of information products includes the Asian Venture Capital Journal Magazine, AVCJ.com, various e-newsletters, AVCJ Chinese, and database and research services. It also hosts leading annual industry conferences in major financial centers.
AVCJ is part of Acuris, the global financial intelligence and data provider. Acuris has a strong regional Asian presence, with offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul and Mumbai.
AVCJ is looking for a Staff Writer in Hong Kong to cover Asia’s private equity and venture capital industry. The successful candidate will devise and execute story ideas for news items, analyses, and long-form feature articles.
The role requires a talent for developing industry contacts, a willingness to dig deep into issues, an ability to work well under pressure, and close attention to detail. Previous journalism experience is essential; an understanding of business and finance is desirable. Strong verbal and written English skills are required. The role involves some travel across the region.
- Conceive, develop and execute story ideas, often on an individual basis
- Produce stories on a regular basis, ranging from news updates to features
- Monitor key public domain sources of information for relevant developments
- Establish and maintain regular contact with industry participants in different markets
- Assist in the development of the editorial team’s knowledge
- Participate in the planning, coordination and execution of AVCJ editorial products
- Represent AVCJ at industry functions and events
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills
- An understanding of the financial industry
- Previous experience of financial writing
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- An ability to work with a high level of confidentiality
- Fluent/Native verbal and written English skills
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese or other Asian languages a plus
Reporting to: Managing Editor, AVCJ
Interested parties please send the applications (including expected salary) to email@example.com.
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.