Senior reporter Southeast AsiaAsia-Pacific, Editorial
Southeast Asia is one of the most important and most disparate markets which Inframation News covers in the Asia region. Reporting on that market is therefore a senior role dedicated to providing the exclusive and original scoops which make our coverage market leading. This role also has some junior editorial management responsibilities in working with and recruiting freelancers for on the ground support in reaching contacts not in the Hong Kong and Singapore hub regions.
- Building close relationships with senior contacts at funds, developers, financial advisory firms and public procurement agencies in the key markets of Southeast Asia, specifically Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia.
- Building relationships with freelance contributors in these markets those more peripheral to the Southeast Asia region so as to have an on the ground reporting resource to support content.
- Using this network to source and write original and exclusive content to drive our coverage and ensure it is market leading.
- Generating new and original ideas for longer-form coverage of these markets and working with the global features editor and our research teams around the world to formulate these into incisive market analyses, features and case studies.
This will involve
- Regular travel to relevant markets and cities and attendance of regular conferences and events to be the face of Inframation News in these markets.
- Identifying, recruiting and in consultation with Editors commissioning selected local freelancers.
- Writing on average at least two stories per day for the daily bulletin service, at least 60% of which should be exclusive and original content.
- Writing at least one long form piece per month (e.g. news analysis, sector analysis, profile or other)
- Working closely with Inframation News reporters around the world to ensure exclusive and full coverage of cross-border situations.
- Working closely with research team to ensure Inframation Deals is tracking early-stage transactions and milestones developments, maintaining regular contact with government ministries, procuring authorities, investors and advisors in Southeast Asia region, as well as scanning official documents and websites.
- Helping Inframation editors and research managers to ensure copy is fair, accurate, correctly written and produced in a timely fashion.
- Making regular suggestions to the Inframation Asia Pacific editor and deputy editor on potential analyses, comment articles and asset and person profiles for the title.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and cover letter to Robin Ganguly at Robin.Ganguly@acuris.com.