Senior reporter MENAEurope, Editorial
Reporting to the Inframation editorial managers in London, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) senior reporter is a key member of the EMEA editorial team. In addition to coverage of MENA infrastructure projects the role involves interaction and cooperation with freelancers based in region, and collaboration with other Acuris Group products.
This role will initally be based in our London office, you should after one year with the EMEA team be willing to consider relocation to our Dubai office to network with the market in the region on a more day to day basis.
The main responsibility of the MENA senior reporter is to source and write off diary exclusive stories on the infrastructure finance market in the Middle East and North Africa regions. The role also involves ensuring that Inframation Deals databases are tracking upcoming Infrastructure and Energy projects and programmes from an early stage to assist subscribers source deal mandates. The senior reporter covers the various deal milestones, providing updates on projects across the transaction’s life up to financial close. It includes detailing the financing and the structuring aspects of the projects.
- Regular contact with ministries, procurement authorities, investors, lenders, consultants & advisors, as well as scanning official documents and websites.
- Pre-editing of MENA copy from Inframation deals and freelancers to ensure it is fair, accurate, correctly written in a timely fashion before submission to editors.
- Ensuring milestones are updated during the course of each day.
- Liaising with local freelancers on newsgathering and sourcing.
- Making regular suggestions to the Inframation EMEA editor on potential analyses, comment articles and asset and person profiles for the title.
- Generating exclusive and on diary news stories across the MENA region.
- Writing a well-researched analysis on a hot topic at least once a month.
- Attending regular meetings with contacts and conferences across the MENA region
This role requires an analytical mind, a high attention to detail and a proactive approach to relationship development and source building across lenders, law firms, financial advisors, developers, investors, procurement authorities and government ministries, as well as scanning official documents and websites.
In addition, the senior reporter will assist Inframation analysts in the collection of associated deal data to ensure that the Inframation transactions database and Milestones are maintained and up to date. The senior reporter should ensure that MENA copy is fair, accurate, correctly written and produced in a timely fashion.
Finally, in addition to generating his/her own news and longer-style articles, the senior reporter MEA will also make regular suggestions to the Inframation EMEA Editor and Global Features editor on potential analyses, comment articles and asset, interviews and sector and people profiles.
What’s in it for you:
- 25 days paid leave + local Bank Holidays
- London office with stunning roof terrace, great communal areas and a very modern space
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program/ Save as you Learn Scheme
- Employee Social club
- Pool Table/Subsidised Gym/Other Staff Discounts and more
If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Here’. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.