Relationship ManagerEurope, Relationship Management
Acuris is a media company which provides the advisory, corporate and financial communities with forward-looking intelligence, analysis and data that you simply can't get anywhere else.
Many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates subscribe to our products. The unparalleled intelligence they have access to enables them to remain firmly on top of the latest market developments. And our email alert service allows our subscribers to track all those developments in real time on their favourite mobile device.
Founded in 2000, we’ve expanded rapidly and now have over 1,000 staff in 65 locations around the world. We’re widely recognised as the most significant provider of global corporate financial news, intelligence and analysis, and it’s our 500-strong team of specialist journalists and analysts that sets us apart.
The proprietary intelligence and in-depth analysis they produce enables our subscribers to spot new business opportunities, increase their revenues and keep several steps ahead of the competition.
Our customers are amongst the world’s leading legal and advisory firms, investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, fund managers, and corporate firms.
Acuris is an equal opportunities employer.
We are now hiring for a Relationship Manager for the Mergermarket product, the must-have intelligence and news service for anyone involved in mergers and acquisitions.
As a Mergermarket Relationship Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the customer management and training of a portfolio of Mergermarket customers to ensure the renewal of that account and to drive the maximum level of profitable growth.
The territory will cover the UK including Investment Banks, Corporate, Advisory Community and Private Equity firms.
The role provides an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to gain an insight into the world of Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing an existing customer base whilst ensuring these customers renew their subscriptions
- Developing and cultivating relationships at the highest levels within these accounts and establishing a key network of senior level contacts within given territories
- Identifying and delivering increased revenues combined with excellent service levels
- Engaging with the customer at all levels and functions in order to plan and execute a strategy that will ensure the renewal
- Providing training and guidance to the customer base, through one-on-one meetings, large scale presentations and proactive telephone calls
- Managing customer base and territory remotely and travelling to customer offices on a regular basis
- Liaising with customers on the Mergermarket helpdesk providing assistance on any issues related to the service and the database, deals covered and research – management of customer requests in a timely manner
- Elaboration, with the Marketing and Editorial teams, of documents for customers covering market analysis and the best journalistic opportunities
- Consistently provides, collate and communicate customer feedback regarding Product Development, Editorial topics etc to the business through regular trip reports
- Actively involved in all divisions of the business in RM operations and activities which underscore the raising of the RM profile (feedback, meetings, account strategy, etc)
- Maintaining a high level of excellence (product knowledge, market knowledge, confidence, feedback gathering, etc) on all onsite meetings
- Ability to manage, in a timely fashion, all customer and management requests daily
A strong candidate will have excellent communication skills (fluent English a must), be self-motivated, driven and enjoy an environment in which autonomy is a must.
An ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Be commercially driven
- Outgoing personality
- An interest and/or experience in the mergers and acquisition industry
- Previous account management and/or group presentation experience preferred
- Fluency in written/spoken English is essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Driven to keep acquiring new knowledge that relates directly or indirectly to your product and your product’s market
- Leading by example when tasked with management initiatives, and responds in a professional, timely manner
- Knowledgeable within the market and territory and how the product fits into that particular market
- Good track record of consistently hitting targets
If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Here’. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.