Quantitative AnalystAmericas, Research
TIM is looking for Quantitative Analysts to join our team in New York and London. You will be responsible for evaluating new data sets, developing models and strategies that help our clients improve their investment performance, and communicating those innovations both internally and to clients.
At TIM, thousands of investment professionals at sell-side banks and research houses use our platform every day to share their recommendations of what stocks to buy or sell. We use our 12+ years of history to help investment managers evaluate these recommendations and help the providers improve them. We also aggregate recommendations data to create new signals that deliver investment value.
We value diversity. Some team members have advanced degrees in mathematical finance, others have extensive practical experience as software engineers, and one studied ancient philosophy. Much of the work involves using R or Python and SQL to analyze data sets, answer questions, make predictions, and help clients find value.
The team has a strong learning focus. We help each other explore new methodologies and improve our coding, mathematics, and communication skills. We work collaboratively with product, sales, and development team members in London, New York, and Hong Kong.
- Perform quantitative research, primarily in the equities domain but potentially other markets. Research includes model building, signal generation, strategy backtesting, and developing reports to answer interesting data-related queries from clients.
- Investigate new datasets.
- Maintain and advance the models, code base, tools, and infrastructure that support our analysis and consulting efforts.
- Support clients, account managers, and sales team members by answering questions, providing advice, and supporting existing client relationships.
- Work closely with technology team members to develop and maintain our common infrastructure.
- Continually develop your knowledge of statistics, quantitative modeling techniques, programming, and finance in collaboration with other team members.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong knowledge of statistics, mathematics, and/or mathematical finance
- Strong knowledge of R, Python, MATLAB, SAS, or other statistical programming language
- Mathematical or quantitative modeling experience
- Ability to think both creatively and analytically
- Team orientation; ability to work with people across time zones
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently, sometimes on tight deadlines
Why work at TIM?
- Culture of trust, openness, self-organization, and continuous learning
- Annual company summit weeks in London, Weekly Lightning Talks, Book Clubs, and study groups such as Leadership and PeopleOps/Management
- Training budget -- over the past few years we’ve been to QuantCon, PyData, UX London, UX Lisbon, CitCon Helsinki, User Research London, Lean UX training with Jeff Gothelf, and Heart of Agile with Alistair Cockburn
- Dental and healthcare benefits, subsidized transit and gym membership
- Flexible hours and autonomy to work from home as needed