Public Relations Executive,Asia-Pacific, Marketing
Acuris, previously known as Mergermarket Group, a financial news and data provider to 300,000 global subscribers through a portfolio of 19 business intelligence brands, is seeking a Public Relations Executive for the Asia-Pacific region. The PR Executive will focus on the day to day execution of Acuris’ PR activities in Asia-Pacific to promote a number of these brands to outside media in selected markets.
This position requires close interaction with all levels of outside media, partners and vendors, as well as a diverse set of key stakeholders and spokespeople throughout the company, including regional, product and executive staff.
- Create brand awareness through the promotion and placement of Acuris data, intelligence and events to regional and national media including print, broadcast and online outlets, by actively pitching the media with story ideas, thought leadership and expert commentary
- Promote and prepare executives and spokespeople for media interviews
- Build and sustain relationships with key journalists through phone, email and in-person correspondence
- Create and actively manage/update media contact lists
- Track competitors to ensure maximum media coverage and pursue placements in trade and vertical press
- Manage, record, and complete requests for data and intelligence
- Write, develop, edit and distribute press releases and pitches including quarterly PR, Legal and Financial league table releases, regional and sector reports, survey result publication releases and corporate development releases
- Partner closely with marketing, social media, sales and editorial teams and other stakeholders across Acuris globally to ensure public relations activities, resources and messaging are aligned to business needs/opportunities
- Manage Acuris WeChat account on a daily basis with applicable updates and content
- Measure PR activities and provide monthly updates to internal stakeholders
- Work with the Asia-Pacific marketing team to identify and manage speaking opportunities for editorial team
- Minimum of five years PR experience ideally in the B2B sector and from a financial or publishing institution
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related fields preferred
- Ability to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment and handle multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to quickly grasp product and industry information and translate for appropriate audiences
- Be a creative, aggressive, self-motivated and innovative communicator with strong writing and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Excellent English language skills; another Asian language preferred but not essential
To apply, Please send your cover letter and CV to Chrissy Carney at Chrissy.Carney@acuris.com.