Operations AnalystAmericas, Research
We are looking to add a new member to our Operations team. The Analyst will have the opportunity to work closely with Xtract Research’s legal, sales, and client relations groups. The potential candidate should expect to gain an extensive understanding of convertible and high yield bonds and syndicated bank loans.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining Xtract’s client-facing online databases of fixed income covenant data
- Providing quality assurance test on the covenant analysis reports prepared by attorneys
- Collecting data on key features of loan and bond
- Proof-reading covenant analysis reports prepared by attorneys
- Communicating with clients via email and phone in response to inquiries
- Bookmarking key clauses in bond and credit documents
- Testing new and existing website functionality
- Receiving, logging, and tracking status of client enquiries
In this role, the potential candidate will benefit from close collaboration with senior lawyers and management in an entrepreneurial environment while becoming familiar with various types of fixed income securities. This position offers the opportunity for a motivated individual to take ownership of current and developing projects within the operations group we well as development of sophisticated legal subjects in fixed income finance.
- Outstanding reading and writing skills which demonstrate the ability to comprehend sophisticated legal language
- Demonstrated interest in financial and/or legal subjects
- Ability to quickly analyze and interpret diverse qualitative and quantitative data
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office software especially Excel
- Organizational excellence and desire to be independently accountable for multiple projects with overlapping time frames
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to quickly and creatively interpret diverse qualitative and quantitative data.
- Pride in work product
- Willingness to complete both tedious and interesting tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Xtract Research LLC:
Xtract Research, a BC Partners Group company, is a fixed income research firm specializing in covenant research for convertible securities, high yield bonds and leveraged loans. Our clients consist of many of the world's preeminent hedge funds, private equity firms, investment managers and investment bank and law firms. Xtract Research’s services give analysts, traders and portfolio managers the tools to quickly and efficiently navigate and analyze key documents critical to the investment process as well as summaries of covenant packages for high yield bonds and bank loans.
Please submit a 1 page CV and a cover letter describing why this position at Xtract Research is attractive to you and why you think you would be a proper fit along with your application.