Land of opportunity: Private equity in Ireland – 2021 and beyond
30 June 2021
Mergermarket is pleased to present Land of opportunity: Private equity in Ireland – 2021 and beyond, published in association with Arthur Cox.
The report features the opinions of 100 executives at global PE firms on opportunities within the Irish market, from the areas they currently regard as most compelling to the challenges they are poised to confront. Their overall message rings out loud and clear: Ireland is open for business.
Key findings include:
- 69% of respondents expect to increase their own investment into Ireland over the next 12 months.
- 38% believe TMT will be the sector with the highest amount of PE investment in Ireland over the next 12 months – the top choice.
- 40% feel that the single most important trend driving PE investment into Ireland over the next 12 months will be the acquisition of new technology/digital assets.
- 67% believe Brexit will lead to an increase in PE investment into Ireland over the next 12 months, including 37% who say it will precipitate a significant increase.
- Nearly every investor in this research (95%) says ESG considerations are important when investing in Ireland; more than half of those investors describe ESG as extremely important.