Junior Reporter - EMEAEurope, Editorial
Reporting to the SparkSpread deputy editorial manager in London. The role involves coverage of EMEA power & energy infrastructure projects for SparkSpread, as well as cooperation and collaboration with other Acuris Group products.
The junior reporter’s main responsibility will be to source and write off diary stories on the power & energy infrastructure finance market in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. They will also be expected to contribute to wider areas of
SparkSpread coverage, such as corporate finance, cleantech markets and oil & gas exploration.
The role requires high attention to detail and a proactive approach to sourcing stories by building relationships with lenders, law firms, financial advisors, developers, investors, procurement authorities and government ministries, as well as scanning official documents and websites.
The junior reporter will work with analysts in the Inframation Deals team to ensure that the databases are up to date and that the team is tracking upcoming power & energy infrastructure projects accurately and effectively. The junior reporter covers important deal milestones across the transaction’s life up to financial close, detailing the financing and structuring aspects of the projects.
Finally, the junior reporter will also be expected to generate longer-form articles on the latest power & energy trends, making regular suggestions to the SparkSpread EMEA Deputy Editor and Global Features Editor on potential analysis pieces, such as investor interviews and energy outlooks.
- Daily contact with lenders, law firms, financial advisors, developers, investors, procurement authorities and government ministries, as well as scanning official documents and websites.
- Generating exclusive news and on-diary announcements unless has already aggregated.
- Building up knowledge of energy & power infrastructure through reporting and observing market trends, which can be utilised to write longer-form pieces.
- Writing a well-researched analysis piece at least once a month.
- Liaising with other Acuris products when newsgathering to collaborate where necessary and avoid duplications.
- Attending regular meetings with contacts and conferences across the EMEA region, with a primary focus on events in western and southern Europe.
What’s in it for you:
- 25 days paid leave + local Bank Holidays
- London office with stunning roof terrace, great communal areas and a very modern space
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program/ Save as you Learn Scheme
- Employee Social club
- Pool Table/Subsidised Gym/Other Staff Discounts and more
If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Here’. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.