Junior Energy ReporterAmericas, Editorial
Inframation, an Acuris company, is a leading provider of infrastructure and project finance news - we're seeking a talented investigative journalist to report on energy markets as part of our team in New York City.
The Junior Energy Reporter will be responsible for covering M&A and project finance deals in the power and energy sector in North America, with a focus on private placements and establishing new contacts at pension funds and institutional investors. You will also play a supporting role in the broader power/energy team, filling in coverage as needed.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- 1-2 years of experience researching/writing about financial markets/renewable energy/infrastructure markets, etc.
- Curious and driven mentality to build sources and grow the Inframation product
- Ability to work independently and with a dynamic team of journalists in a fast-paced environment
- Creating and maintaining regular contact with sources that work on power/energy deals in North America, particularly those at insurance companies and pension funds.
- Writing stories daily, with a focus on scoops and off-diary reporting. There may be opportunities to write longer analyses and features.
- Attending relevant conferences across the US/Canada regions
Company Description: Acuris products and services provide the global advisory, investment, and corporate communities with intelligence and analysis leading to revenue for clients. Acuris has regional head offices in London, New York and Hong Kong with over 500 journalists in 46 locations worldwide. Using this global presence, reliable and validated proprietary intelligence and historical data is provided through five separate products: Mergermarket, DealReporter, Debtwire, Xtract, and Inframation. Acuris is an equal opportunities employer.