Japan Account Manager (Hong Kong Based)Asia-Pacific, Accounts
Acuris’ products and services provide the global advisory and corporate communities with intelligence and analysis, leading to real revenues for clients. With regional head offices in London, New York and Hong Kong and over 1,000 journalists and researchers in 67 locations worldwide, reliable and validated proprietary intelligence and historical data is provided via the Mergermarket, DealReporter, Debtwire, PaRR and many other on-line platforms. Our clients are amongst the world’s leading legal & advisory firms, investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, fund managers, and corporate firms. Acuris has a strong regional Asian presence, with offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul and Mumbai.
Inframation was established in 2002 and acquired in 2012 by Acuris, the global financial intelligence and data provider. The Inframation Group is dedicated to the global infrastructure finance market, covering both greenfield and brownfield transactions. We provide real-time news, actionable market intelligence, research and data that enables individuals and companies working in infrastructure finance to gain a competitive business advantage. We are the leading provider of high value business information to the sector with over 1,000 corporate subscribers including many of the world's leading developers, institutional investors, private equity funds, banks, developers, law firms, advisors and insurers.
Inframation has five key subscription components to the business: news coverage across: EMEA, Asia-Pacifc, North America and Latin America, and a global data platform called Inframation Deals.
Acuris acquired another fantastic business in June ’18, called SparkSpread. SparkSpread will fit into the Infrastructure division (under the Inframation umbrella) and will be instrumental in the long-term integration and growth of this exciting business.
- SparkSpread is renowned for exclusive news and market intelligence, covering global energy and power financing, M&A and trading.
- Includes early-stage intel on new project development, financing opportunities and M&A transactions.
- Financing coverage includes details on debt financing terms, pricing and MLAs. Also includes refinancing transactions and corporate finance.
- Coverage includes conventional and renewable power generation, energy transmission, storage, and oil & gas.
- Data component includes details of power plants, renewable energy projects and other energy assets which are currently up for sale.
Job Qualifications / Attributes:
The candidate must be self-motivated, driven, and enjoy an environment in which an enthusiastic attitude is a must. An ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- An interest in the infrastructure and energy industry
- Previous Sales or Account Management experience
- Experience in an outside and/or inside sales role
- Experience working with and presenting to senior level executives
As well as being enthusiastic, organised, presentable and personable, candidates should have excellent written and spoken English and Japanese communication skills.
As an Account Manager based in the Hong Kong office, the candidate will be responsible for managing a book of Japan based subscribers.
The role will focus on relationship building, renewal negotiations, client management, client retention and renewals for the Inframation and SparkSpread product subscriptions. The ideal candidate will be expected achieve double digit growth of their existing book, as well as cross and upsell new content sets, offices, teams and products from across the Acuris offering. Where necessary, the candidate will be responsible for arranging and running demonstrations and meetings with key decision makers, and managing trials.
The role provides an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to gain an insight into the increasingly topical world of Infrastructure & Energy with two fast growing products.
Initial key responsibilities include:
- Renewing and selling the Inframation product suite to subscribers on a consistent monthly basis by arranging meetings and demonstrations with new prospects
- Live/remote product demonstrations for prospects, trials and existing clients
- Managing an existing client base whilst ensuring these clients renew their subscriptions with sufficient yield.
- Develop and cultivate relationships at the highest levels within client base and prospects
- Identify and deliver increased revenues combined with excellent service levels
- Managing own territory and deliver agreed monthly revenue targets
- Travelling to territory (30% travel required)
- Track record of B2B sales, ideally in Asia Pacific markets
- Confident telesales skills to arrange high level meetings
- Good relationship management skills; enjoys face to face meetings with clients
- Hard working and fast learning
- Knowledge and interest in financial services and corporate industries
- Tenacity, drive and initiative
- High level of presentation and sales skills
- Knowledge of the infrastructure, M&A and private equity markets is a distinct advantage
- Sales Director – Transactions and Infrastructure (Asia-Pac) – based in Hong Kong
- Head of Sales, Japan (Inframation and SparkSpread) – based in Sydney
- Good basic commensurate with experience, plus excellent commission structure
PLEASE ENCLOSE A BRIEF COVER LETTER WITH RESUME TO: email@example.com
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.