India Business Development Manager (Hong Kong Based)Asia-Pacific, Sales
Acuris’ products and services provide the global advisory and corporate communities with intelligence and analysis, leading to real revenues for clients. With regional head offices in London, New York and Hong Kong and over 600 journalists and researchers in 67 locations worldwide, reliable and validated proprietary intelligence and historical data is provided via the Mergermarket, dealReporter, Debtwire, PaRR and many other on-line platforms. Our clients are amongst the world’s leading legal & advisory firms, investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, fund managers, and corporate firms.
Acuris has a strong regional Asian presence, with offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul and Mumbai.
As a Business Development Manager based in the Hong Kong office, the candidate will be responsible for looking after India and running their territory as their own business. This includes, but is not limited to: prospecting, sourcing, managing trials, negotiations, client management, client retention and renewals for the Mergermarket product within India. The role provides an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to gain an insight into the world of Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Investment Banking and the Legal Advisory world.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Selling Mergermarket to new clients in India by contacting new prospects and trials to deliver the value proposition. Working against monthly targets
- Live/remote product demonstrations for prospects and trials
- Develop and cultivate relationships at the highest levels within existing accounts and new prospects.
- To identify and deliver increased revenues combined with excellent service levels
- To upsell existing accounts and introduce new Acuris products as necessary
- Regular trips to India to meet with existing accounts and new prospects, as well as regular prospecting and cold calling
The candidate must be self-motivated, driven, and enjoy an environment in which an enthusiastic attitude is a must. An ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- An interest in the M&A marketplace
- Previous Business Development, Sales or Account Management experience
- Experience selling into the India market
- Experience in an outside and/or inside sales role
- Experience working with and presenting to senior level executives
As well as being enthusiastic, organised, presentable and personable, candidates must have excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximize the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.