Features WriterEurope, Editorial
Reporting directly to the Global Features Editor in London, the role will involve researching, writing and producing analysis and data-driven content on the global infrastructure and power & energy markets.
This will involve the collection and analysis of data (internally and externally sourced) and interpretation of this data into newsworthy and impactful content through research and interviews with the market.
Content will range from long-form interviews and analysis (2,000 – 2,500 words) to news reaction and vox pop-style pieces (900 words) to bespoke and originally conceived data visualisation projects.
- Building and maintaining a contact book of high-profile sources across the infrastructure and power & energy markets through phone, email and face-to-face meetings and networking
- Sourcing new data on infrastructure and power & energy investment trends and working with our Research teams in London, New York and Hong Kong to identify gaps in our data
- Conceiving and generating analysis projects based on research, data sourcing and interaction with the market to pitch to the Global Features Editor on a monthly basis
- Writing/producing at least three analysis projects per month including one data visualisation project (with text analysis) and one newsworthy interview profile-based feature
- Producing and fulfilling additional data requests for the features desk and contributing to additional features as and when required
- Attending events and networking to build contacts
- Some editing or proofreading may be required
Skills & Requirements:
- Experienced full-time journalist, preferably covering financial markets
- A proven ability to translate complex subjects and data into clear and engaging stories and analysis
- Some data journalism experience, creating data-led visualisation projects in a working office environment using software or platforms such Microsoft Excel, Infogram or Datawrapper
- A proven ability to build sources, preferably in financial markets
- Some knowledge of infrastructure financing and investment trends in the power and energy or M&A market
- Good phone manner and the tenacity to chase down vital information and data
Nice to have:
- Experience covering infrastructure and/or power & energy
- Some sub-editing or copy-editing experience
- Foreign language (Middle East or European)
If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Here’. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.