Deal Researcher - Hong KongAsia-Pacific, Research
Mergermarket Deal Researcher – Hong Kong
Mergermarket’s research division is looking to hire a Deal Researcher to be based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be responsible for investigating deals/ markets and building strong professional relationships with corporate/ advisors throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Mergermarket is a global provider of in-depth analysis and forward-looking information on corporate strategy and activity for investment banks, private equity firms, advisors and corporate clients.
- Desk based research on transactions which will then be used to update Mergermarket database
- Manage and develop submitter and corporate contact relationships via phone calls, emails and/or face to face meetings
- Ensure accuracy of advisory deal information used in published reports and Mergermarket
- Manage and update databases related to assigned content coverage
- Fully understand submission processes and critical workflow
- Proactive administration of internal and cross-department expectations and relationships
- Provide monthly & weekly reports to the manager
The ideal candidate will be a proactive person with an enthusiastic attitude. The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- An interest in the financial markets in general
- Fluency in English (Japanese, Korean and Other Asian Languages is a plus)
- Outgoing and confident personality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High standard of communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple managers and staff in different locations
- Proactive work ethic
- Ability to be flexible regarding working hours in order to meet deadlines and work within a global team
Candidates with understanding on League Tables, finance or journalism is an advantage. Candidates without prior work experience are also encouraged to apply. As well as being self-motivated, organized, personable and through, candidates should have a proven interest in the financial and Financial Markets.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with heading MMResearch48
** We thank you all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted **