business development managerAsia-Pacific, Sales
Acuris is looking to hire a Business Development Manager to be based in Hong Kong, focused on generating business opportunities across a range of Asian markets. Specifically, we are seeking to fill a new position on the following product:
- PARR (Policy and Regulatory Report) delivers global intelligence, analysis and proprietary data on antitrust, competition law, IP, anti-bribery and cybersecurity. PARR enables lawyers, financial advisors, corporate and investors to stay one step ahead of the market and to make better-informed decisions.
This product was successfully launched in 2012 and has been generating constant growth since then. The ideal candidate will have B2B sales experience, preferably within an information product, with 2-3 year working knowledge of the Asian financial, corporate or professional services markets, and should have a general interest in economics and current financial and corporate events.
As well as being enthusiastic, organised, presentable and personable, candidates should have excellent written English and communication skills. A fluency in Mandarin is also a must-have.
Acuris is an equal opportunities employer and as a fast growing company, offers the ideal candidate an opportunity to develop their skills and widen their industry experience.
Acuris has a strong regional Asian presence, with offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul and Mumbai.
As a Business Development Manager based in the Hong Kong office, the candidate will be responsible for running his/her territory as his/her own business. This includes, but is not limited to: prospecting, sourcing, managing trials, negotiations, client management, client retention and renewals for the Acuris product. The role provides an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to gain an insight into the Legal Advisory world, Antitrust, Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Corporate in-house counsels.
- Selling PaRR to new prospects on a consistent monthly basis by meeting up with new contacts
- Live/remote product demonstrations for prospects and trials
- Build PaRR’s brand and recognition in Asia
- Develop and cultivate relationships at the highest levels within client base and prospects
- Hit a monthly revenue target (detailed in the appraisal and business plan)
- Hit a monthly demo/meeitng target in accordance with the end of year Appraisal objective
- Maintain links to the PaRR and Mergermarket Editorial teams for the exchange of client feedback and proactive content supply
- Plan business trips with a minimum of 5 meetings per day and meet with your manager to discuss the agenda in advance of the trip
- Travelling to China and other counties within SEA for new business meetings, as well as regular prospecting and meetings in Hong Kong
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, driven and enjoy an environment in which a positive attitude is a must. A very strong candidate would have the following attributes:
- An interest in the legal world, preferably competition or mergers and acquisitions
- Previous Business Development, Sales or Account Management experience
- Experience working with and presenting to senior level executives
- As well as being enthusiastic, organised, presentable and personable, candidates should have excellent written in English, simplified Chinese and spoken Mandarin communication skills.
- Head of Sales, Greater China (Transactions & Infrastructure Division
Good basic commensurate with experience, plus excellent commission structure
Pension, life and health cover.
PLEASE ENCLOSE A BRIEF COVER LETTER WITH RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.