Associate Relationship ManagerAsia-Pacific, Relationship Management
Acuris is a media company which provides the advisory, corporate and financial communities with forward-looking intelligence, analysis and data that you simply can't get anywhere else.
Many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates subscribe to our products. The unparalleled intelligence they have access to enables them to remain firmly on top of the latest market developments. And our email alert service allows our subscribers to track all those developments in real time on their favourite mobile device.
AVCJ has been the leading source of information on private equity and venture capital activities in Asia since its establishment in 1987. Today, AVCJ's suite of information products has expanded from its flagship Asian Venture Capital Journal Magazine to include AVCJ.com (Asian private equity portal), a daily e-newsletter, Chinese AVCJ, rich media and industry leading database and research services.
AVCJ also organizes the premier Asia-focused conferences and networking events for the private equity industry. Its AVCJ Forum series of events regularly attracts the top private equity professionals, corporate executives and institutional investors to the financial centres of Asia.
AVCJ is an Acuris company, which also includes Mergermarket, Debtwire, Unquote and the Inframation Group. Acuris is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.
As an Associate Relationship Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the customer management and training of a portfolio of Acuris customers to ensure the renewal of that account and to drive the maximum level of profitable growth.
The role will be predominantly telephone based; the candidate will have the opportunity to interact with a wide range of customers across private equity and venture capital, the world’s leading investment banks, law firms, consultancies, corporates and asset managers.
The role offers an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to gain an insight into the world of Private Equity in an entry-level role. This role provides an ideal springboard for successful individuals to progress into a Relationship Manager role within 12-18 months, provided they achieve and ideally exceed specific KPIs
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to a pre-assigned book of subscribers by responding to inbound queries, making proactive calls to organise meetings, tailor users’ online alert profiles and garner feedback
- Prioritising and managing a portfolio of customers. Proactively generating interactions with a view to service accordingly and ensuring these customers renew their subscriptions
- Provide bespoke online training sessions to a wide range of junior and mid-level subscribers
- Making pro-active calls to increase engagement from subscribers
- Managing and co-ordinating incoming subscriber queries and assigning them to colleagues where necessary
- Liaising with subscribers on the helpdesk, provide assistance on issues related to the service and the database, deals covered and research
- Prompt and accurately respond to subscriber queries and requests by email and over the telephone
- Maintaining and updating internal databases
- Participating in projects and ad hoc initiatives as required by the business
- Consistently provide, collate and communicate client feedback regarding Product Development, Editorial topics etc. to the business
- Maintain a high level of excellence (product knowledge, market knowledge, confidence, feedback gathering, etc) on phone interactions and onsite meetings
A strong candidate will have excellent communication skills (fluent English a must), be self-motivated, driven and enjoy an environment in which autonomy is a must. An ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Be commercially driven with an outgoing personality
- A great telephone manner and confident disposition – able to convey concepts persuasively and succinctly
- Experience of working in a customer service or administrative role preferable but not a must
- No prior knowledge of Private Equity or Venture Capital is required, but a desire to learn more about this field in-depth is an absolute must.
- Highly motivated, organised and able to prioritise tasks effectively
- Fluency in written/spoken English is essential and an Asian language would be preferred
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- A desire to learn and be pushed outside your comfort zone
- Leading by example when tasked with management initiatives, and responds in a professional, timely manner
- Responds well to set targets and goals
Applications should be sent to
Head of Relationship Management - Asia Pacific