2nd Line Support AnalystAmericas, IT - Desktop Infrastructure
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
The 2nd Line Support Analyst will be responsible for providing 2nd line technical support of end user systems and core applications. This individual will work with other members of the support team to deliver high quality solutions to support our end users and acting as a point of escalation for the Service Desk.
- Respond to assigned requests for IT support and services (including incidents, and service requests) in a timely, polite and efficient fashion, adhering to the defined SLA timeframes.
- Analyse and resolve assigned 2nd line support tickets at the New York office, other regional offices and for remote users. Work with other relevant support workgroups (Infrastructure, Platform team etc.) to resolve/fulfil incidents, request and problems.
- Familiar with ISO27001 processes and procedures, and wider company standards, policies and procedures
- You will be the escalation point for any 1st line activities that require attention and stepping in for the Service Desk where necessary.
- Perform proactive maintenance on supported systems (e.g. Windows Deployments, Windows Updates, Virus protection system and Encryption management), ensuring supported offices are visited for IT maintenance on the agreed schedule.
- Manage receipt of equipment and software and maintain license and support contract documentation.
- Maintain network and communication hardware and software inventories.
- Participate in troubleshooting network outages or performance issues.
- Build and set up computer networks by physically installing, connecting and configuring equipment.
- Provide regular updates to customers, and to the Service Desk Team lead & Global Head of Infrastructure, on progress with items, escalating issues where required.
- You will get involved with daily and weekly checks including backup jobs, off site tape management and Nagios/alert management
- Liaising with third-party suppliers to resolve escalated operational problems in a timely manner.
- Undertake service desk projects, completing assigned tasks as necessary to the designated timescales.
- Positively contribute ideas and feedback to help the team grow and improve
Skills & Requirements:
- Several years Desktop Support experience
- Advanced Active Directory administration (User & Group management, Group policies, etc.)
- Intermediate working knowledge of Office 365 administration and support (including but not limited to) Exchange Online, Office 2016 application support and troubleshooting.
- Mandatory active experience with Windows 10 and Office 2016 installation and support
- Experience in building/imaging software for deploying corporate standard images to standard desktop hardware (preferably WDS)
- VMware exposure, PowerShell and scripting experience (desirable)
- IT Service Management systems; ideally Jira Service Desk or similar
- Relevant Microsoft certifications MCP/MCSA/MCSE
Your responsibilities of the role will include the above but will not be limited.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.